Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life in Pocatello

Ok, it's been awhile since I've updated this and I don't even have an excuse. We've been back in Pocatello for about 3 weeks now. Things are settling down and we've gotten into our own routine. I'm back to work with Shelynn and Vince has taken over caring for Mya full time. He loves having her around all day and she loves having him home too. Those 2 together are such a handful! :) Vince becomes a kid around her and it makes me smile. I'm sure when she's older and has pretend tea parties, Vince will be sitting next to her with a little tea cup and playing right along with her.

We're living with my parents at the moment. I'm hoping we can find a place of our own soon. It's hard going from having your own space and privacy to living in a full house. You have to adjust and just make the best out of it. Fortunately for us, we have wonderful people who we're sharing our food and company with!

So the other day, one of Vince's friends, Ethan, gave Mya a little tricycle. Let me tell you, she absolutely loves it. Her feet can't quite reach the peddles, but she can steer it all on her own, as long as someone pushes her. Once I get pictures, I'll be sure to post them on here. (I have to find my camera adapter thing first)

Mya has been growing so fast. 4 teeth have just broken through over the past week. It was hard to watch her try to break all 4 at the same time, she was miserable and if you have a child of your own, you know how hard it is when they get hurt or sick. Apart from her teething, she's been exploring new sounds! She says grandpa like "bompa" and loves to follow the dogs going "ruff, ruff" She is such a smart little thing! She may not have a lot to say, but she does know her shapes! Grandma Shelton got her this little toy that deals with shapes and Mya (with a little help and encouragement) puts the shapes in the right hole all by herself! I'm such a proud Mom!

Vince and I have been playing a lot of guitar hero and have become experts on the 'medium' level. It's been fun and such a silly game has actually brought us closer together. It's cheap and we can play for hours! It's kinda our little date and I love it.

I know this is probably a boring post, but at least I'm updating you on whats happening!

1 comment:

Chris and Daneile said...

Hey! I miss not being able to see you guys everyday, it is so weird. I saw some of the pictures my mom took of Mya on her new bike and they are the cutest! I have never seen her smile so big! Well, now that you and Vince are Guitar Hero pros, you guys should come over and we can have a little friendly competition. Love ya and call me, maybe we can go catch a movie or something?