3 bites and 3 lost fish later, Chris gave up on fishing for the evening and we all hiked back to our camp spot. We then made a camp fire and sat around waiting for everyone else to show up.
Daneile had a wonderfully fun idea to make a torch. We all watched as she ran around picking up things to use in her torch. She even glued it together with some sticky sap.
That night we had yummy dutch oven lasagna and peach cobbler for dessert. It was fantastic. We then stayed up and talked and laughed around the campfire. Chris sure has some colorful friends and made me laugh a lot.
The next morning, Vince and I were the only ones awake and sitting around snacking when Vince nudged me and pointed, I looked over and to my surprise there was a small grizzly bear about 100 ft from our camp!! Holy Cow! Where is the darn camera?!?! Of course, I didn't think of getting a picture until it was gone. Vince and I stood up slowly and was inching our way to the tent to wake up Chris and Daneile. It took a long time to get them to believe us. In fact they didn't get up until I said "You can punch me in the face if there isn't really a bear, just get up!!" As we were trying to get their attention, the bear looked at us and it made me freeze! I was like crap, now he's going to say "hmm, some yummy campers, I think I'll eat them!" But lucky for us, the bear was scared and ran away, but not before Daneile and Chris saw the little guy! I just have to say that we were lucky he wasn't full grown or baby, because then we would be dealing with a mama bear!
After our exciting morning, everyone decided it was time to jump off the cliff into the water. I have to say that it was the craziest thing that I've ever seen and I would never jump off it myself. It was way neat to see them do it. We got a lot of videos and pictures.
When we got back into camp, it was time for lunch and yummy cobbler again! Plus some more fishing!
It was such a great weekend and I'm glad we were invited. I can't wait to go camping again! Maybe next time we can bring some guns and go shooting as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment