Sunday, April 18, 2010

Alabama...The Beginning

So we've been here for little over a week, but I'll start at the beginning of when we left for our trip. It was a really fun drive. And surprisingly it seemed short. We took 4 days/3 nights to drive.

Ok, so I was trying to get a picture of every State we entered, but that didn't work, I was either reading or playing with Mya. So I missed A LOT! I did manage to get some, like Little America. That was our first stop, we ate some food and just hung out a little so Mya didn't get too sick of driving. 

I really wanted to buy this for Mya, but we couldn't. Sad! She loved it too!

Sadly, this was the first State picture I got and that was lucky cuz we stopped at the first rest area to take another little break.  We got some pretty funny videos while taking a driving break. First we have Chris and Daneile: Chris was prepared, but Daneile just wasn't willing to fully commit. :)


Then we have me and Vince. I was excited and was totally ready to fly like the wind, however, Vince was not:


And finally, we put the only two people who were both fully committed and we got this: 

After our oh so fun time, we got back on the road. My next sign I got was this one:

Haha, yeah I missed a couple in between, but oh well! At least I got some!

Another stop. Mya needed it more than I did, but it was a pretty cool rest stop.

Like I said, it was pretty cool. Just really windy. And I mean really windy!

When I saw this sign, I was totally blown away! I thought to myself "What? Where did the rest of the country go?! Shouldn't we only be in Wyoming?" haha, it was such an awesome feeling to be so close! I started getting butterflies instantly!

This sign says it all "Welcome to Alabama the beautiful" It certainly is beautiful! I was so excited and it already felt like home! Now our adventure begins and we'll for sure make the best of it. I'm sure we'll see some tough times, but out of those comes wonderful memories! :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

So glad to see an update! You look so cute in your glasses in the "Texas" picture. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

What a long trip! I didn't realize how long it'd take to get there. Glad you guys are there all safe and enjoying it!

Unknown said...

YAY!! Many adventures ahead. ENJOY!!! Love you guys and glad your all together!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you go some of the state signs...I love the family pic with the Texas sign..:o)