Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

So on Monday we decided, regardless of the traffic, we would go to the beach. Oh it was so worth it! The traffic wasn't bad either. Mya was happy and kept saying "beach, Mommy" In the morning I had asked her "Mya, want to go to the beach today?" To which she responded "yeah!" That is the first time that she has ever answered my question with a yes. Simply made my day!

We were all excited as we drove up to the beach (they still aren't charging for parking) Getting our sunscreen on as fast as we could, yes I wore sunscreen! We almost ran to our spot, we were super excited! The water felt so cool and refreshing. Mya wanted to be down in the water with the waves. She kept telling me "Down, Mom, down!" The waves were really big and powerful, more so than we've ever seen them be. They were so big that when one would come, I would have to hold Mya up as far as I could and jump at the same time. More often than not I would get taken out and Mya would laugh. I had to act like I was 12 and say "Just you wait until you're older, I'm going to dunk you so many times!" The best part of it was when Mya would see the wave coming and say "OH NO! Oh, NO! It's a big one! Here it comes!" That is the most she has ever talked that you could understand every word she said.

When we got too tired fighting the waves, we would go up on shore and play in the sand. Mya wanted to bury Vince, so she got buckets of sand and put them on his belly. I had to help and buried his arms. :)  If we got to hot we would head back into the water. It would go like that for a few hours, but never tiring of it.
The day wore on and we grew hungry. If only we had an umbrella, beach chairs, and snacks to stay longer. It was a wonderful day to get away from work and the world, to enjoy being together as family. It's my favorite and wish it could happen more.

I don't have any pictures from this trip because I had a memory lapse and forgot my camera. I was mad, because I didn't discover that until we drove up to the beach. :( But at least you get a nice story!

No comments: