Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love From a Child

Don't you hate those day when everything upsets you and you have no idea why? Today I am experiencing one of those dreadful days.

As I was sweeping the floor, Mya comes running through the house right through the pile of dirt, hair, and other crap, spreading it everywhere! Making me start all over again. It took everything I had not to yell at her. I stood in the middle of the room with my eyes closed, breathing deeply and counting in my head. As I calmed down, I sat Mya down and explained to her that she needed to be careful and watch where she was going. A little while later she was running to the kitchen, she stopped and scooted around the edge of the newly constructed pile, and as soon as she cleared it, she took off running again. She then came back from the kitchen and wrapped her arms around my legs and said "Mommy needs hug" and then she looked up at me and said "awww" and then took off running.

It's funny how little things like just melt your heart and make you feel warm inside. I had tears brimming in my eyes and almost started bawling. After she released me and ran off to her room, I gave up on cleaning and decided to take the time to type what happened. The love from a child is pure and most definitely immeasurable. Thank you, Mya, for making my day brighter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great feeling to have gotten from your child. I know what you are talking about Ashley..Vince made me feel that way while I was fixing to leave Alabama after my 4th of July trip. While I was giving you all a good bye hug and hating the idea of leaving Vince held on in his big embrace longer then he normally would have. It made my heart start to melt knowing my little boy was all grown up and he was truly going to miss his momma. So as for that feeling you had with little Miss Mya....it will happen over and over again as your little girl gets older and you like me will cherish each and every time..:O)