Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A New Look On Life

I was recently told that I was a complainer and about 85% of the time I looked depressed. This came as a surprise to me as I thought I was very happy. I soon realized that, even though I am happy with my life, I did have a negative attitude about many things. I was appalled and very ashamed. I began to immediately think of what I could do to change those few little things.
I understand that stress makes me seem angry and very down, but I didn't think I had that much stress. I began to see that I was wishing my life away and that I needed to stop worrying about the future and live in the present. I can tell you after only a day of doing this, I feel so much better. I can see the difference it makes with my husband. (He actually held my hand at the store) You may or may not know that Vince isn't the type of guy to show his emotions, so it's very hard for a person like me who thrive on emotions. To have him reach out and take my hand in a simple gesture meant the world to me. I could tell that just changing my attitude changed the way he acted towards me and at that moment when he took my hand, I realized I needed to hold dear to me what I have and not worry about money, because money can't buy you happiness, it's those small little gestures that you cherish more than a new pair jeans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty powerful words sweetheart.....I am very proud of you!!! Wish life was way more easy sometimes but when you have family to fall back on when things seem to be hard it makes life sooo much better...I'm like you in needing things as in a hug...words...kiss to make me feel better about me...but also sometimes I too need to reach out and give life a little push and grab for that hand or offer a big hug to let my man know he is sooo loved..:o) Love you Ashley and so happy to have you in my family..:o) Love Your Mother In-Law Shelynn..:o)