Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Little Update in Alabama

It's been awhile since I've updated everyone about us Martinez's in the south. I do not know how many of you actually read this, as it has been quite awhile since my last post, but things are going good.
I am extremely happy to report that the schooling I've been doing with Mya is a great success! She can count to 10 and knows the numbers, however, she hasn't quite fully grasped the counting part. She loves to count, but needs help. She usually says "1..2..1...4...5 6 7 8 9 10!" She can say 3, but when she counts she substitutes it with 1. The easiest way for her to count is her toes, because she thinks they are so pretty when they are painted. When she counts her painted toes she can do it by herself and with even saying 3.
Her alphabet is going great, she knows her letters A-K and knows all her shapes, even pentagon and hexagon. (didn't know she knew them until she was playing a shape game on Vince's phone) She continues to amaze me with her little brain!
She does the cutest things and often makes me laugh. The other day we were out in the garage playing in her toy car, she would get her purse with her Ariel key (she got it from Grandpa Huff) and say "Bye! See-ya later!" and then I'd ask her where she was going and she would either tell me "I'm going to work" Or she would say "I'm going to grandma and grandpa's" Then she would get in her car and walk it a little ways and then get out and yell "I'M BACK!" and she'd run to me to give me a great big hug. We would do this over and over for 2 hours.
We've also found out that she loves to play hide 'n' seek. It was her turn to hide with Vince and they ran into my bedroom and I could hear them giggling while I counted and then went to find them. I walked in our room and knew immediately where they were, they were hiding under the sheets on our bed. I looked around the room and said "Mya, Dad, where are you?" and I hear a little voice say "Right here!" Vince and I laughed so hard. Finally after getting a hold of my laughter I said "I found you!" and grabbed Mya's foot. She screamed sooo loud and it hurt our ears, but was so fun!



As for Vince and me, we've just been hanging around the house and getting out to the park with Mya as much as possible. The weather is considerably cooler, but you can still wear shorts. I'm looking forward to Halloween, but I'm not sure what we're going to dress mya up as. Vince wants to dress her up scary, but I want to do something cute, so we're in a dilemma. If any of you have ideas, please let me know! That's all that has gone on here, I'll try to update more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your updated blog....Mya is getting pretty smart thanks to her amazing mommy and daddy...:o)

sam and kyrsten said...

she is so beautiful. and a little smarty! i saw your mom at the store today. she said she gets to see you this week! im sure you will love seeing family! glad your doing good! keep the updates a comin!