Tuesday, June 30, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYA!!!

My Mom and sister, Holly, had come on Tuesday to help celebrate Mya's birthday with us that coming Saturday. It was so nice to have them come and stay at our little apartment! It was a full house, but everything seemed to work out just fine. We played a lot of card games after Mya had gone to bed and ate a ton of ice cream! We were all anxious for Saturday to come and could hardly wait! 

Later that week, Shelynn, Amanda, and her friend, Erica, arrived to also celebrate Mya's birthday. I can't tell you how pleased I was that we had so much company! I'll tell you this though, it's a good thing that Daneile and Chris are here too because we wouldn't have any room to put everyone! So Shelynn, Amanda, and Erica all stayed over at Daneile's apartment. 

The plan with Mya's birthday was that we would all go to the park just down the street from our place and have dinner and cake. Well, Vince and I ordered the chicken on Saturday morning, hoping it would be ready by 6:30 that evening. (You have to give them a 24 hour notice if you want a large chicken order) Sure enough we got there at 6:30 and they didn't even get our order written down, but the people there were really nice and told us that they could get our order done within 20 min. 

We then got to the park to set everything up, but all the tables were being taken up by other families and their birthday parites. So when we headed back to our apartments, Amanda found a small table area that we could have our party at. (Thank you Amanda) 

                                                          Just look at all those presents!!!!

It was a hectic start, but everything seemed to fall into place in the end. We had an enjoyable dinner and a wonderful show!

Mya unwrapping her presents was just the cutest thing ever! She didn't rip into them like I would have liked and we did have to end up helping her. But when she saw what was under the wrapping, that was a classic look! She would hold the box and just stare.

Her favorite toy ended up being the baby stroller that Vince and I got for her. 

After her birthday presents, we went straight for her cake! This was the part I was most excited about! I wanted her to just dig in and tear that cake apart!

She liked to eat the top part of her cake, which is totally disgusting, so I pulled off the top and showed her the best part of the cake.

She didn't really dig into it, but she did eat a lot of it. She wasn't afraid to get messy. She even sat in her cake to eat a cupcake that we had make for everyone else. 

As Mya sat eating her cupcake, Chris and Amanda were in the back making evil plans. I saw Chris holding the camera right at Vince and I knew right then that something was going to happen. Sure enough Amanda comes running up and grabs Mya's cake and goes to throw it on Vince, but Vince, being the fast guy that he is, dodged that baby and it went sailing through the air and landed SMACK on the ground!

After that it seemed to turn into a cake war between Amanda and Vince. Those two are just too funny!  :) 

Saturday was the highlight of my week and having both our families there made it even better. I just want to say Happy Birthday, Mya babe, you are the best! 

2 comments:

Chris and Daneile said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS MYA!!!! It was a fun party and the fried chicken was delicious! Thanks for a fun day/night!

sam and kyrsten said...

happy birthday to mya! its so awesome that you had so much family to celebrate such a special day!