Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Alright, we only have 4 Sundays left here and we were trying to figure out what fun things we could do before we head back to Pocatello. Our first Sunday we went to Lake Tahoe. It was so much fun and I would really like to go back someday and actually camp for a whole week! 

This is a little view of what we were seeing. It all was so beautiful, but I couldn't look down too long, it scared me to see how high we were up and so close to the edge!

Here is our little explorer! She wandered everywhere around that campsite. I had to keep a very close eye on her and often had to chase her to get her back into camp! Mya picked up a lot of sticks while exploring and would carry them around until she found another one. Sometimes she would have one in each hand!  Even in the outdoors with yummy BBQ, Mya still goes after the dog food. What is so delicious about it I will never know! Twinkee didn't mind in the least that Mya was digging her food, maybe Twinkee was hoping for Mya's burger for a trade! :)

Our next stop after lunch was the beach!! I heard the water was really warm and I couldn't wait to try it out! When we got there though, the water only went up to your waist and you would have to walk at least a mile or more to get to anything deep! Well, I let Vince wander out until I couldn't see him anymore, while I watched Mya. As we were sitting on the beach playing in the sand, Mya spotted a goose and the goose spotted her. They stared at eachother and the goose made slow steps to her, probably wanting some food from her.Before we got this picture, the goose was a lot closer to Mya. I think it scared her just a little because Mya was back peddling out of the way! After the goose left Mya alone, she got more brave and was starting to explore again. Instead of collecting sticks, she collected tiny sea shells. I was a little nervous that she was going to try and eat them!

We soon decided to go search for a different beach. One where we could actually do some real swimming. After a little drive, we found the perfect beach. The sand looked clean and fun to play in and the water was still shallow, but you could swim and get to deeper water that wasn't miles away! Well, Mya wasn't afraid of the water at all! We were all in water to our ankles just feeling it, but Mya wanted in! She started to run to Vince, but tripped and fell, face first right into the water! She was so brave! She didn't even cry. We were all clapping and saying "Good job Mya!" After her slip in the water, Mya was just shivering. So I changed her into a dry diaper and wrapped her in her towel. She soon warmed up and started playing in the sand with us. Mya and Daddy playing in the sand and having fun burying Mya's feet. Mya loves sand and found out that she likes to throw it. We were trying to get her to stop but Vince kept laughing so she kept doing it! haha, maybe we'll get through to her, if we can keep a straight face when we tell her "No"Before we left, we had to get one family picture in front of the beautiful lake. I really like this picture of us, I'm even thinking about getting it framed for our future house.

As we were walking back to our cars, Vince spotted this huge tree. We couldn't pass up the chance to get a picture next to it!After our days adventure, we went back to the camp and was going to roast some marshmellows. Mya was being grumpy because she was really tired. Thankfully Daneile took her for a walk in her stroller and soon Mya fell asleep.Doesn't she look so peaceful? I just wanted to pick her up and hug her tight to me while she slept! I miss having her sleep in my arms.Mom and sleeping Mya. 

After we roasted some marshmellows and watch Jason and Ryan roast cresent rolls, which turned out to be pretty good, it was time to head home. The drive home seemed to last forever! The roads were very windy and rather scary in the dark! I was really glad that Vince was driving! I can't wait for our next Sundays adventure! 

2 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

those roads are scary at night! it looks like you guys had fun! it stinks that as a salesmans wife the only time you get together are sundays! i feel for ya! good luck with the rest of the summer!

Chris and Daneile said...

I love the pics you took of you guys on the beach. It was a very fun day and the water was great. Thanks for jumping in with me!