Thursday, May 27, 2010

Monday Outings

Monday: The day that we get to go and play. Recently we went to Gulf Shores beaches. Beautiful. The water was warm and so inviting. The sand, white and soft. 

Mya just loves the beach. It's so cute to watch her go from just letting the water lap her feet, to letting big waves hit her and still wear a smile. (Don't worry, Vince and I are there holding onto her and not, I repeat, NOT letting her drown) She really likes it when waves crash into her. She gets a thrill over being lifted up by the water. 

We were at the beach for a whole 20 min when I saw something floating in on a wave and heading in our direction. I soon realized it was a sting ray. I quickly said "Vince, sting ray" and we scooped up Mya and headed back to shore. Being very calm and not alarming our small little girl who is knew to the ocean. We watched as the sting ray came in and drifted away. My heart pounding, we decided to take a water break and set out our towels and look for seashells. Mya loves to collect seashells. She says "Shee-shells" when she spots one. It's fun to watch her play in the sand and not worry about her running into the ocean. She's a smart little thing for being new to it. She doesn't run into unless you're there with her. She's more than content sitting and playing with her "shee-shells" in the sand. 

After what seemed like forever, we decided to head back into the water. Mya was all for it, having not known what had happened earlier. Once again, we were playing and laughing, enjoying our time as a family. shrieking with delight when Daddy found cool things in the water and snickering when Mom got taken out by a wave, which happened too much for my liking. Soon enough, we spotted another sting ray and had to head back to shore. We spotted 3 total that day. It was cool and I wish I got a picture, but my camera was in our backpack up on the beach. :( 

After getting drenched by wave after wave and getting the worst sunburn of this year, we decided to call it a day and head on home.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Britt Thomas said...

what a fun day... the beach looks pretty amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...Looks like you had an amazing day...I can't wait until I am with you kids on that beautiful beach and playing in the warm water....:o) So glad to see you got out of the house and enjoyed your day as a family...:o)