Monday, June 28, 2010

HaPpY BiRtHdAy MyA!!

Another birthday has come and gone, it seems like yesterday we were bringing Mya home from the hospital. It's strange how time passes us by so fast. As most of you know, Mya turned 2 on the 27th. We had a little birthday party for her on Saturday with her friend, Faith, from church. 

The two little girls were so cute together! I had a smile on my face the whole time. We first started out with finger paints. If you have little ones and need an activity, I suggest the finger paints. The girls loved them and it wasn't a big deal if they got it on themselves. (it's wash off paints) 

After finger paints, we let the girls go off and play in Mya's room while I cleaned up and got the next activity ready. It was so cute, Mya took Faiths hand and said "come on" and ran to her room holding her hand! 

Our next activity was decorating cookies. Yum! It was also another successful activity, and delicious too! Mya just ate the frosting though :)

We decided to open presents after cookie decorating. Mya got a Cinderella barbie from Mom and Dad and a little box of ABC books from Faith and her Mom.

When the cookies were decorated and eaten, the girls went off to play again. They wanted to spin in their pretty dresses and skirts. It was so adorable that I had to get a little video of them!

                                             

Saturday was a wonderful day, and we made some new friends here in Alabama. Mya loves having a friend and I love having her interact with children her age! (I also have to say that I love having a friend too hehe) It was a long day, but well worth the effort! To see Mya smile and happy like that, I would do anything for it! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are wonderful Ashley.....Looks like my little granddaughter had a wonderful 2nd Birthday....Sorry I did not send anything, but I do plan on taking Mya shopping once I get into town....:o) Love you you bunches and I am soooo looking forward to seeing you all face to face..:o) Love Your Mother In-Law Shelynn

The Gray Gang said...

Super cute!!! So FUN! Tyrel says Hi! :)

sheldonandholly said...

Hi! That is so cute! They looked like they were having fun. You threw a great party : ) I really can't wait to see you guys. Just a little bit longer!! Love you! Hugs and kisses : )Woohoo!!!!!!!!!
Love~
Holly/Aunt Holly