| I would like to point out that that is blood on the side |
As we waited we went to the National Infantry Museum. One word to describe it: Fantastic! We spent about 4 hours there and I didn't even get to see all I wanted! Vince was a wonderful sport and didn't complain at all (love that guy) He knows how much I love history, so he just followed me around being the parent to Mya while I ran around going "Oh, my gosh! Oh my gosh!" to everything. I could go on and on about that museum, but I wont, I'll just put up a couple of pictures of it and tell you that I had a blast at that place!
I would like to share one story, at the museum they have a simulator marksman, I got to shoot a gun I have no idea what kind it was, but it was super heavy! I have always told Vince that I am a great shot, but we have never gone out shooting so I haven't been able prove it him I wasn't lying. Anyway, I held up that gun and the shooting began! I was hitting target after target, and then before I knew it, the game was over and our scores were brought up. My Dad had 5/20, my Uncle Clark had 12/20, Jarom had 18/20 and I had a whoppin 17/20! Yes, I out shot 2 grown men who have gone hunting every year for however many years! I have to point out that I am kinda a big deal. :)
Onto the rest of the weekend: We had gotten hotel rooms instead of staying in those cabins, I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm very glad we did, cuz it was fun at the hotel! Mike taught us a game, I can't remember what it was exactly but the object of the game was to be the last person with your fingers up. (Sounds, weird but it is so fun to play) We then played a couple round of wacky 6, love that game!
People then started comparing feet and pretty soon Uncle Clark and Jarom were up on the table showing us their deformed feet! Hahaha, it was so fun to sit around laughing with my family, I have missed them so much!
The weekend came to and end way too fast and before I knew it we were saying our goodbyes and heading in our different directions. :( I love my family so much and December will be here before we know it and we'll be able to once more sit around telling stories, playing games, laughing and having the perfect time.
| Mya had a blue M & M |
| My wonderful parents |
I want to add that we're going to be going on the cruise before we come out to Idaho, and we'll be spending time with Vince's family and what a wonderful blessing it is to have them in my life too, they are a wonderful family and I can't wait to see them as well! (I didn't want to leave anyone out :))
2 comments:
What a nice post!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and you last paragraph made me smile...because your are a lot like me with never wanting to leave anyone out...Love you Ashley and I can't wait to see you and the whole Alabama family..:o) Love Your Mother In-Law...Shelynn
The museum was amazing, wasn't it! I can't believe you don't remember why we left the cabins...one word COCKROACHES! Not just cockroaches but MONSTER COCKROACHES!
Post a Comment