I apologize for not being able to update anything that has been going on with us. I do have the excuse that we don't have Internet because our neighbors moved! Haha, I am currently using my phone's Internet and I can't be on here for long.
Christmas came all too fast and we weren't able to go home this year, but instead of having a blue blue christmas we decided to pack up our car and head out to spend time with my brother and his wife in North Carolina. It has got to be the weirdest Christmas, due to the lack of screaming children and many many family members, but it was also one of the most memorable.
We didn't exactly know what we were going to do for activities, which was fine for me. We ended up going bowling on Christmas Eve. So fun! I discovered real life bowling is a lot more tricky than wii bowling! I was horrible at it, never scored above 80. I do have to say that that was partially Mya's fault. :) I let her bowl a few times for me. As sad as I am to say this I think Mya actually scored better than I did on my own!
We ended the fun evening with unwrapping one present which happened to be...PJs!!!
Christmas moring we woke at 5:30. It was dark and the feeling of magic was in the air. We hurried and shook oursleves awake as best as we could as we went into Mya's room. I gently shook her shoulder and whispered "Mya, wake up, it's Christmas!" She moaned grumpily and turned away from us. I couldn't believe that any child would refuse to wake up on Christmas, let alone my own child! I tried again, this time using different wording. "Mya, guess what? Santa came!"
I was rewarded with her head snapping up to attention, "HUH?!" was all she said before scrambling out of bed. We then headed out of her room and towards the living room which held the magic of Santa. As she came upon the special toy that Santa had left for her I heard her small intake of breath. She knelt down very slowly, in awe that Santa had brought her what she had asked for. She didn't move to touch it, but just stared in wonder. Finally I asked her, "What did he bring you?"
"A Rapunzel doll, the tiny one, with long hair," she whispered back as, finally, she reached toward it.
The rest of Christmas day was fast. She unwrapped present after present becoming more gleeful with each present she received. She got tutus, dolls, cool light up shoes, books, a castle for her dolls, and so much more! This is probably the best Christmas yet! Even being so far away, we were showered with love from our families. We give thanks to all who remembered us, you are in our hearts and we can't wait to see you again!
The rest of the week past all too quickly. We played games, put together one puzzle, the rest were too hard to do! We celebrated Mike's birthday by taking family pictures! That wasn't it, we did have cake and sing to him. The day came all to quickly and we had to pack up and start our long drive back home. I was sad to leave, but it didn't really hit me how much I missed my big brother until we were in Montgomery, AL. I held back tears, which came unexpectedly, as I thought of when I would seem him and Lindsay next. I can't begin to say how thankful I am that they opened up their arms and home to us to celebrate the joyous holiday with them. I will always remember what fun time we had. I love my brother and his wife so much and am pleased to note that they are almost as cool as me! ;)
That concludes our Christmas of 2011! Love all of you and have a great new year!! (Hopefully you'll be hearing from me before the year is up)
Also, sorry there are no pictures, like I said I'm using my phone's internet so it's slow and if I tried to upload all the pictures I want then it would take me probably a few hours! I'll post them when I'm at a spot that has internet.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great to see you still think of us all the way over here in Idaho...Sounds like you had an amazing time with your brother and sister in-law....sure missed you but it is always nice to have change frm time to time..:O) Much Love from your bestest Mother in-law in the world..:O)
Post a Comment