It was June 26th 3:00 a.m. when I was woken up with sharp pains in my stomach. I knew exactly what it was, though I don't know how. The pains continued, but I was able to doze off and on till 5:00 a.m. That is when they increased in intensity! I got up when Vince was getting ready for work, and I told him "I think today is the day" He then said to call my mom and have her come over so she could be with me while he was at work, and if we were going to be going to the hospital to call him a.s.a.p. I spent the day sitting on my couch watching TV, while my mother helped me time the contractions whenever they came.
I was soon visited by my mother in law and both of my sister in laws. I was pampered and waited on, it was very nice (all but the contractions). Well the day wore on and Vince returned from work, and the contractions were still coming. It was about 8:30 p.m. when Vince's mother and my mother told us that we should probably go to the hospital. So we got our bags and all four of us went up to the hospital.
I was almost sent home because it sounded like the doctor didn't want to come in and deliver another baby at the moment. But sure enough I made enough progress and I was able to stay. They gave me the epidural and I was finally able to sleep! I slept from about 4:00 a.m. till about 7:45 a.m. when they woke me up and said it was time. I was scared, I wanted to say "Ha! Thank you, but I think I'll wait a little longer"
45 minutes later I held my sweet beautiful baby girl for the first time. I remember looking to make sure she was a girl (because we were joking the day before about what if it was actually a boy and we had all those girl clothes) I don't remember anything else after that. Except hearing the doctor in training say "oops" and "uh-oh" The next thing I remember is waking up in a totally different room with Vince trying to sleep in those very uncomfortable chairs in the hospital. When he noticed that I was awake, the first thing he said to me was "Do you want to hold your baby girl?" I r
Before we left the hospital, we had to think of a name for our new little one. She didn't look like any of the names I liked, except Miley. But, Vince didn't like that name. The other name was one a friend told us to use. It was Mya. We both looked at her and said Mya, and sure enough it fit perfect. With the first name picked out, all we had left was the middle name (I refuse not to give a middle name because I don't have one and I really wish I did) I got a phone call from my mom saying "I was thinking, you could name her Mya Lee, It's kinda like Miley, but it's not." I really liked that idea. So I offered the name to Vince and he said he was ok with it. And that is how we came to have this beautiful little girl named Mya Lee Martinez.
No comments:
Post a Comment