Tuesday, May 12, 2009

OUCH!

Alright I have a little story of our little Mya. She was playing around Vince who was by the coffee table. As she was trying to step over a pillow, she lost her grip on the couch and went crashing down on the coffee table leg. I saw it coming, but couldn't stop it in time. I watched as her poor little head bounced off the leg.

Vince and I both jumped up, he got to her first since he was already by her and I ran to get some ice, her bottle, and some medicine to stop the pain. The poor girl was crying so hard and tears were streaming down her face. When I saw her where she bumped her head, I wanted to cry! She didn't look so great and it scared me that maybe she hit her head a little too hard and something might be wrong. So I real fast took a picture of it and sent it to my mom with "What do I do? I don't know what to do!" She immediately called me back and told me to put ice on it and just to make sure her eyes weren't dilated and to make sure she was acting normal. Well it was her nap and I didn't want to put her down to sleep just in case she really did hit her head a little too hard, so we kept her up. She acted normal and actually started to play with Vince. She was cooing and growling so I figured she was fine. Here are some pictures of the gruesome fall:

The pictures don't do it justice, it looked far worse! This morning the bump was gone and all that is left is a purple bruise. She was a tough girl, but I just hope that doesn't happen again! Too scary!

2 comments:

Chris and Daneile said...

Ashley that is so sad! Good think she is such a tough baby. That is quite the bump too. OUCH!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Mya! Looks so sad!