We left at about 10:30 in the evening so that we could travel while Mya slept. I thought it was going to a pretty easy drive. Long, but easy. How very wrong I was. Mya slept great, she didn't wake up to anything really. Vince started out driving, it fun and exciting! We kept saying, I can't believe we're on our way! Well, we had just gotten past Twin Falls and I was already starting to get sleepy. I was trying to stay awake for Vince, but I was barely holding on.
The night continued like that for I don't know how long, but it felt like forever! I ended up falling aleep for about 20 minutes, that's when I heard Vince say "Oh No!" I looked up in time to see a shadow to our left and then we were sliding down the interstate sideways. Luckily Vince is a good driver and he gained control of the car and steared us in the right direction. Daneile and Chris were right behind us and thought that we had fallen asleep, but when they passed what made us swerve, they were shocked. Standing on the interstate were two huge cows! We pulled off on the next off ramp and we had to take a little breather. It was the scariest thing in my life! And guess what, Mya didn't even budge.
I took the wheel after that and continued on the drive. I was so scared and nervous, plus my eyes were all blury cause I can't see. I didn't drive for too long before Vince told me to pull over and he was going to drive. When we were about 20 miles away, it was raining so hard and we were in the mountains, so it was winding down and up, but we finally made it! I'm so glad we prayed before we left or else I believe we would have hit that cow and not survived, as scary as that is, I'm glad Heavenly Father was watching over us that night in that exact moment.
1 comment:
hey ashley. i just found your blog through chelsies! your little girl is so cute! congratulations on moving to california! you will have lots of fun there! what part did you move to. by the way if you didnt know that was me that honked and waved at you and vince the other day. glad you made it safe you have an adorable family!
Post a Comment